| Sorry for the long post for a new member, I have been stalking the board for over a year and finally pulled the trigger on my first fan.
Lots more pictures here
- Most importantly, I know this is a GE Loop handle, but I am not sure the model and hoping someone can offer more history for me as I start the process it would be greatly appreciated.
- Though the seller insisted the fan ran at the time they sold it, I am not going to plug it in with the current wiring mess, I purchased a rebuild kit from Vintage Wire & Supply to rewire the unit.
- Based on prior threads, I plan to use the Lucas Red "n" Tacky #2 in the oscillator gearbox, if anyone has had a bad experience with this lithium based product separating let me know.
- On other units it appears the gearbox is easily accessible by unscrewing the brass fitting on the top, and removing the screws - this one appears to have a pin in the brass fitting - will I need a punch to remove it, and a new pin to ensure a tight fit?
- This unit has been repainted at least once, but they didn't remove the plates - now they are all gloss black - any guidance on if this can be recovered? Do I need to remove the plate and replace the rivets? I am not planning for a complete media bast & buffed blades rebuild, I want to respect it's age and character, but being able to read the plate would be a nice improvement if it's easily accomplished.
- Anything other experience you can offer woudl be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!
Attached Image (viewed 369 times):
Last edited on Wed Mar 13th, 2019 05:07 pm by Chris Pare