|Fan Fair 2019
First Annual Best Fan Mashup of The Year Contest
BFMOTY (pronounced beef-a-mo-tee, not to be confused with beefaroni)
The rules are simple:
- Combine the business end of a fan with the base from something else to create a one of a kind fan mashup.
The original fan base can be retired from service or parted out on the forum or eBay). Who knows?
- Yes, you can desecrate lamps or other items to repurpose their base for your mashup.
- The fan must operate as originally intended. If it is an oscillator it must successfully oscillate with the original oscillating mechanisms.
- You may transplant the fan on/off or speed switch into your mashup, if possible.
- The objective is to blend the various parts into a seamless creation that gives the illusion of all parts belonging together, even though we know they do not.
- For the inaugural year we will allow all entries regardless of the creation time. This year, last year, earlier even. This way we can see as many awesome creations as possible and congratulate everyone for their inventiveness. Future years will allow only current creations (created since most recent Fan Fair). But this year it is wide open. Show us what you got!
- Have fun!
- Let us know by June 1, 2019, if you plan to participate. Post here or send me a PM, if interested.
- Judging will be by popular vote of the Fan Fair attendees.
- The winner will be immortalized on the plaque of a special BFMOTY trophy and receive a free lifetime pass to the fan museum.
- Participants will have the option to have their amazing creation auctioned off to benefit the AFCA Museum.
Last edited on Fri Apr 5th, 2019 10:29 pm by Greg Mauer