View single post by Al Blake
 Posted: Tue Oct 8th, 2019 04:48 am
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Al Blake

 

Joined: Mon Oct 7th, 2019
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Hello Everyone, I recently acquired a Westinghosue Lively Aire and it seemed to be running fine until I left it on for 5 minutes.   
It started blowing smoke out.  I unplugged it.  Today, i tested it again and found the smoke is coming from the stator windings. They are very hot on each side and some electric tape is melted.

Also, right before I touched the fan, and felt high static electricity about to shock me.

The fan still works but I dont want to burn it out fully.

Should I try the red spray varnish?   Or are the coils fried and need rewound ?   

The ohmmeter seems to jump from 15ohms-60ohms when I apply it across the motor...


Thanks everyone !!  
Al