View single post by Levi Mevis
 Posted: Mon Jan 4th, 2021 06:30 am
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Levi Mevis

Joined: Tue Feb 24th, 2015
Location: Elkhart, Indiana USA
That's actually called the shaft (the part that the blade mounts to on the motor) and the part that the blads attach to and that holds the blade assembly to the motor is called the hub (or sometimes its called the spider). 
I take it you collect and restore antique clocks and watches? I ask because those terms you used are terms that are used in the clock and watch repair/restoration world (e. g. winding arbor).

As for getting the blade off, a lot of times spraying penetrating oil like liquid wrench or kroil into the setscrew holes and letting it it for a couple of hours and then applying a little bit of heat while twisting the blade while pulling on it (while also holding the motor shaft stationary with a pair of vice-grips) will usually get those blade assemblies off, with very minimal damage.

I hope this helps.