AFCA Forums Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Steve Cunningham, Rod Rogers, Larry Hancock
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Turbo Torch  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jan 5th, 2018 03:56 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Rick Powell
AFCA Member


Joined: Sun Feb 15th, 2015
Location: Kalamazoo , Michigan USA
Status: 
Offline
After George’s demonstration at Fan Fair last year on how to braze brass with his preferred method of using a Turbo Torch I came home and bought 2 used ones, being as I only need one, (as George apply

pointed out) this one is for sale, works well and has a #4 tip.  $50.00 less postage. PayPal F&F

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Fri Jan 5th, 2018 05:04 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Hi Rick!
It is always funny when I am scanning down the forums and my name gets invoked... Makes you go whoa wut have I done now?😁😁 But in this case it is ok... So how is your experience with silver soldering going? I had another member bring me some 45% 1/32 diameter instead of the 1/16th stuff I have been using and I think it will be very good to use on brass as it is finer and will melt a little quicker... I hope to use it soon... I am finally getting over a bad infection from April that makes me nauseas every time i get around the smell of silver soldering... Aint that a helluva thing!

Geo...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Fri Jan 5th, 2018 05:10 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Craig Baxter
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Wed Jul 1st, 2015
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Glad to hear you are feeling better! Wondered why the huge drop in posts about your wide and varied purchases!

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Fri Jan 5th, 2018 05:22 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Craig Baxter wrote: Glad to hear you are feeling better! Wondered why the huge drop in posts about your wide and varied purchases!
Haha!! Its One of those things... 1 day 101 temp... Next day kinda ok enough to function go to grocery store I go to auctions family functions and I went to the AFCA museum last week... Checked blood tests for my lymphoma cancer and everything else... Doc says nothing... I get around but something about the gas smells that make me sickish... Doc put me on some antibiotic for a ten day run and that actually got rid of my infection and i am truely feeling better! I had to pay a guy to finish my new fan shop as I have NO endurance... But I think i have turned the corner on this... 

Geo...

Last edited on Fri Jan 5th, 2018 05:29 pm by George Durbin

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Fri Jan 5th, 2018 09:08 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Rick Powell
AFCA Member


Joined: Sun Feb 15th, 2015
Location: Kalamazoo , Michigan USA
Status: 
Offline
George Durbin wrote: Hi Rick!
It is always funny when I am scanning down the forums and my name gets invoked... Makes you go whoa wut have I done now?😁😁 But in this case it is ok... So how is your experience with silver soldering going? I had another member bring me some 45% 1/32 diameter instead of the 1/16th stuff I have been using and I think it will be very good to use on brass as it is finer and will melt a little quicker... I hope to use it soon... I am finally getting over a bad infection from April that makes me nauseas every time i get around the smell of silver soldering... Aint that a helluva thing!

Geo...
George I hope you are cured, I can’t imagine you jobbing out silver soldering, would kind of like Mark Twain having a ghost writer.  Next time we’re at a function why don’t you bring about 10’ of that 1/32” solder so I can give it a whirl?  Who knows by then I might be able to solder with a smaller amount!

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Fri Jan 5th, 2018 10:38 pm
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
I need to find source for this 1/32 stuff... if it works as nice as I think it will I will post it on the forum...
Geo...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Fri Jan 5th, 2018 10:52 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Rick Powell
AFCA Member


Joined: Sun Feb 15th, 2015
Location: Kalamazoo , Michigan USA
Status: 
Offline
George Durbin wrote: I need to find source for this 1/32 stuff... if it works as nice as I think it will I will post it on the forum...
Geo...
Amazon $26.00 per oz. :tumbs

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sat Jan 6th, 2018 11:15 am
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
Lane Shirey
AFCA Member


Joined: Wed Apr 30th, 2014
Location: Downingtown, Pennsylvania USA
Status: 
Offline
George Durbin wrote: Craig Baxter wrote: Glad to hear you are feeling better! Wondered why the huge drop in posts about your wide and varied purchases!
Haha!! Its One of those things... 1 day 101 temp... Next day kinda ok enough to function go to grocery store I go to auctions family functions and I went to the AFCA museum last week... Checked blood tests for my lymphoma cancer and everything else... Doc says nothing... I get around but something about the gas smells that make me sickish... Doc put me on some antibiotic for a ten day run and that actually got rid of my infection and i am truely feeling better! I had to pay a guy to finish my new fan shop as I have NO endurance... But I think i have turned the corner on this... 

Geo...
George, I hope that you're feeling better soon! I'm glad it seems to be not serious!  There's no time to be sick- too many fans to buy and restore! 

 Take care my friend!  

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Sat Jan 6th, 2018 09:10 pm
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
Rick Huckabee
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Jun 9th, 2008
Location: Lufkin, Texas USA
Status: 
Offline
Can Brass rod be used for repairing brass cages? Thanks

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sat Jan 6th, 2018 10:30 pm
  PMQuoteReply
10th Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Rick Huckabee wrote: Can Brass rod be used for repairing brass cages? Thanks
Yup... brass can be used but... Brass has a higher melting temp than silver solder so it is very touchy... Silver is much more forgiving... If you silver solder properly the silver will match pretty good with the brass if you do not use too much...

Geo...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Jan 8th, 2018 01:55 pm
  PMQuoteReply
11th Post
Rick Powell
AFCA Member


Joined: Sun Feb 15th, 2015
Location: Kalamazoo , Michigan USA
Status: 
Offline
Turbo torch is sold.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 10th, 2018 06:23 pm
  PMQuoteReply
12th Post
Dan Robillard
AFCA Member


Joined: Tue Dec 27th, 2016
Location: Erwinville, Louisiana USA
Status: 
Offline
Dang George I hope you get back 100% soon! Things aren't the same we we don't hear the sound of your sweet posts on the forums. We're gonna have to send you... Steve Stephens and a few of the other plethora of fan knowledge on the "Book Of Eli" journey and at the end y'all can have a bunch of them monks writing down all the stuff y'all know about fans.
I 'll bet it would give that bible a good run for its money!
No offense meant to the bible.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Sun Jan 14th, 2018 07:37 pm
  PMQuoteReply
13th Post
Craig Baxter
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Wed Jul 1st, 2015
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
George! Glad your doctor has you on the recovery trail! Getting old is NOT for the faint hearted! My social calendar has many entries... only problem is they are ALL for different doctors at the VA hospital (thank God for them!). 

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

Current time is 06:55 am  
AFCA Forums > Antique Fan Collectors Association > Buy-Sell-Trade > Turbo Torch Top



Beige Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1690 seconds (15% database + 85% PHP). 34 queries executed.