AFCA Forums Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Steve Cunningham, Rod Rogers, Larry Hancock
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Public Safety Announcement  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Nov 11th, 2018 12:23 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Chris Benbow
AFCA Member


Joined: Sat Sep 7th, 2013
Location: San Diego, California USA
Status: 
Offline
Death by being in a room with an electric fan is a well documented hazard in the country of South Korea.
https://www.nbcnews.com/leftfield/video/fan-death-why-korean-parents-think-the-breeze-might-kill-you-1342941251708?v=raila&

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 11th, 2018 02:12 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Steve Butler
AFCA Member


Joined: Wed Jul 6th, 2016
Location: Greenfield, Indiana
Status: 
Online
The only time I worried about a fan killing me while I slept was when the smoke from my window fan woke me up as a child. The motor must have shorted out and was burning.  I unplugged it, smacked it with a towel to smother it and went back to sleep. I got up the next day and dad wanted to know what the smell was. I didn’t think twice about it. I would freak out if that happened to my daughters. 

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

Current time is 07:03 pm  
AFCA Forums > Antique Fan Collectors Association > Pre-1950 (Antique) > Public Safety Announcement Top



Beige Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1336 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 27 queries executed.