AFCA Forums Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Steve Cunningham, Rod Rogers, Larry Hancock
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Help: Identify this fan  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 01:28 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Ajay Kumar
Guest


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2011
Location: KOZHIKODE, India
Status: 
Offline
Hi   The person from whom I bought this fan told me it is Mareli ? I cant see any label or name any where ? Can any one please help to identify this fan ? 

Attached Image (viewed 236 times):

IMG_3722.JPG

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 01:30 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Ajay Kumar
Guest


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2011
Location: KOZHIKODE, India
Status: 
Offline
Pic 2

Attached Image (viewed 234 times):

IMG_3723.JPG

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 01:31 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Ajay Kumar
Guest


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2011
Location: KOZHIKODE, India
Status: 
Offline
Pic 3

Attached Image (viewed 232 times):

IMG_3724.JPG

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 01:32 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Ajay Kumar
Guest


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2011
Location: KOZHIKODE, India
Status: 
Offline
Pic 4

Attached Image (viewed 232 times):

IMG_3725.JPG

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 01:33 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Ajay Kumar
Guest


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2011
Location: KOZHIKODE, India
Status: 
Offline
Pic 5

Attached Image (viewed 230 times):

IMG_3726.JPG

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 01:34 pm
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Ajay Kumar
Guest


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2011
Location: KOZHIKODE, India
Status: 
Offline
Pic 6

Attached Image (viewed 229 times):

IMG_3727.JPG

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 03:13 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
David Allen
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Mon Mar 6th, 2017
Location: Northport, Alabama, USA
Status: 
Offline
That is a very nice looking fan, with the cast housing and cage support arms. I've never seen one like it.

I see two knobs. Is one an oscillating control? Almost looks like there is a separate small motor in the base, for oscillating... but that could be a speed coil.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 03:18 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
Ajay Kumar
Guest


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2011
Location: KOZHIKODE, India
Status: 
Offline
Hi David
              one knob is for speed control and the other one is for tilting the fan in case if you want to use it as a wall fan. The oscillation control is on top of the motor casing, forgot to click the pic !!!

David Allen wrote: That is a very nice looking fan, with the cast housing and cage support arms. I've never seen one like it.

I see two knobs. Is one an oscillating control? Almost looks like there is a separate small motor in the base, for oscillating... but that could be a speed coil.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 03:31 pm
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
David Allen
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Mon Mar 6th, 2017
Location: Northport, Alabama, USA
Status: 
Offline
Ajay Kumar wrote: Hi David

              one knob is for speed control and the other one is for tilting the fan in case if you want to use it as a wall fan. The oscillation control is on top of the motor casing, forgot to click the pic !!!



David Allen wrote: That is a very nice looking fan, with the cast housing and cage support arms. I've never seen one like it.



I see two knobs. Is one an oscillating control? Almost looks like there is a separate small motor in the base, for oscillating... but that could be a speed coil.




Ok, neat. That means the speed coil is in the base.

Hopefully someone will identify it!

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 09:53 pm
  PMQuoteReply
10th Post
Levi Mevis
AFCA Member


Joined: Tue Feb 24th, 2015
Location: Elkhart, Indiana USA
Status: 
Offline
The cage on the fan looks very much like a Marelli cage but the best person who would know for sure would be a gentleman on here by the name of Jan who lives in Australia, as he is this forum's Marelli Expert and would be able to tell you if its a Marelli or not. I know Marelli didn't always label their fans especially their earlier ones.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 01:41 am
  PMQuoteReply
11th Post
Ajay Kumar
Guest


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2011
Location: KOZHIKODE, India
Status: 
Offline
Levi Mevis wrote: The cage on the fan looks very much like a Marelli cage but the best person who would know for sure would be a gentleman on here by the name of Jan who lives in Australia, as he is this forum's Marelli Expert and would be able to tell you if its a Marelli or not. I know Marelli didn't always label their fans especially their earlier ones.
Thank you Levi, hope Jan will comment on this.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 20th, 2018 09:31 am
  PMQuoteReply
12th Post
Jan Hendriks
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Dec 19th, 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Status: 
Offline
end of the 40s  early 50s  ...


Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Tue Nov 20th, 2018 01:44 pm
  PMQuoteReply
13th Post
Ajay Kumar
Guest


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2011
Location: KOZHIKODE, India
Status: 
Offline
Thanks a lot Jan, Its confirmed now.

Jan Hendriks wrote: end of the 40s  early 50s  ...



Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

Current time is 05:41 pm  
AFCA Forums > Antique Fan Collectors Association > Post-1950 (Vintage) > Help: Identify this fan Top



Beige Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2260 seconds (34% database + 66% PHP). 33 queries executed.