|Joined: ||Sun Sep 9th, 2018|
|Location: || |
|Howdy folks !
Restoration of our Century S3-16 Skeleton is now complete !
This is my 4th restoration. Had some difficulty with gear box. Put gears on shaft in wrong order first time. Got it right second time.
This fan had the following work done :
Runs great and looks fantastic. This will be daily runner for bedroom.
- Complete disassembly, all parts degreased
- base, end bells sand blasted clean
- Stator center section cleaned. Coil Wiring cleaned and painted flat black
- head wires replaced with new cloth covered wire from vintage wire. Head wires braided in boondoggle pattern
- Gear box components and box de-greased and cleaned. Gears greased with red-tackey and re-assembled
- All parts of base and motor painted with Rustoleum hammered black finish
- gold pinstriping around motor (yep I know Century did not offer pinstriping but I love the look)
- Armature cleaned and wire dividers painted gold
- Blades and cage cleaned with 1000 grit wet sand, then polished with automotive rough cut rubbing compound to remove staining and corrosion, followed by polish cut automotive compound and buffing wheel.
- Switch assembly broken corners repaired with J/B weld, shaped to original rounded corners, drilled for mounting screws.
- All brass in switch assembly cleaned and polished.
- New brass screws for switch assembly to base mounting
- New felt on base pan
- Stick on translucent gold labeling for speed switch