|Of the two wires coming from the motor, one connects to the far right(looking at your photo) screw like it appears to be, and the other connects to one of the power wires coming in. The other power wire coming in connects to the terminal that goes to the switch lever underneath.That said, there are some issues needed to be worked out before the wiring can be safe.
One: the switch bat plastic tip is broken and will certainly give you a shock if touched running the fan.
Two: the wiring from the motor appears to be VERY bad and I would strongly recommend putting a new headwire in before trying to wire the fan up.
The switch bat tip can be wrapped in tape for a temporary testing solution.
The motor wire is likely bad, but if you must test out the fan before getting into repairing it, then make sure there are no shorted areas between the motor wire in the base, all the way to where the wire goes into the motor case.
For testing only, and given the wires do not appear shorted, you can wire one power lead to the motor wire not attached, and the other power lead to the screw terminal (at the bottom of photo) that has a bolt going through the plate to the plate the switch lever connects to.
Only plug it in for a few seconds during testing. If it spins up, then the only proper next step is to research GE AOU wiring threads.
Hope that helps a bit. :)