AFCA Forums Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Steve Cunningham, Stan Adams, Rod Rogers
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Good week junk pickin  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Feb 10th, 2020 11:00 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Any one know when the Edison was made?















Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Mon Feb 10th, 2020 11:14 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Mark Behrend
AFCA Member


Joined: Thu Oct 21st, 2010
Location: Wildwood, Missouri USA
Status: 
Offline
I would say it was a good week!

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2020 12:00 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Paul Seagle
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Dec 17th, 2005
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
You know we want the story.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2020 12:03 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Paul Seagle wrote: You know we want the story.
Hi Paul!

No story really... I just get around and have good connections...

Geo...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2020 12:10 am
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Paul Seagle
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Dec 17th, 2005
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
I'll say!

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2020 12:11 am
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Tristan Crider
AFCA Member


Joined: Thu Aug 27th, 2015
Location: Washington, Missouri USA
Status: 
Offline
Wow.. Take me next time.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2020 02:04 am
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Jim Kovar
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Feb 21st, 2011
Location:  Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Status: 
Offline
I dig the fish, Rocky!








Its mouth to body size ratio is close to mine.  :?

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2020 04:37 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Jim Kovar wrote: I dig the fish, Rocky!








Its mouth to body size ratio is close to mine.  :?

That has been said about me!

Geo...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2020 09:18 pm
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
Jim Kovar
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Feb 21st, 2011
Location:  Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Status: 
Offline
George Durbin wrote:That has been said about me!

Geo...

Do you want to know why, Alice?

I'll tell you why.



It's because I have a
BIG MOUTH!

Last edited on Wed Feb 12th, 2020 08:12 pm by Jim Kovar

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2020 09:43 pm
  PMQuoteReply
10th Post
Jim Kovar
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Feb 21st, 2011
Location:  Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Status: 
Offline
Real comedy...

Live audience...

No "laugh track."


Last edited on Tue Feb 11th, 2020 09:46 pm by Jim Kovar

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2020 11:32 pm
  PMQuoteReply
11th Post
David Kilnapp
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Tue Apr 17th, 2018
Location: Pembroke, Massachusetts USA
Status: 
Online
I can hardly believe my eyes - you acquired a bi-polar Edison while you were out junk picking? What an outstanding find. Might be the find of the year!

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2020 11:42 pm
  PMQuoteReply
12th Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
David Kilnapp wrote: I can hardly believe my eyes - you acquired a bi-polar Edison while you were out junk picking? What an outstanding find. Might be the find of the year!
Hi David!


I am sure everyone has these stories to tell...


Geo...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Wed Feb 12th, 2020 12:49 am
  PMQuoteReply
13th Post
Ron Jeter
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Nov 14th, 2005
Location: Kingsport, USA
Status: 
Offline
Don't know when the Edison was made, but that fish looks to be a bugle mouth bass.

Last edited on Wed Feb 12th, 2020 12:50 am by Ron Jeter

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 12th, 2020 12:55 am
  PMQuoteReply
14th Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Ron Jeter wrote: Don't know when the Edison was made, but that fish looks to be a bugle mouth bass.
Hahah! Hi Ron!!

I went to a huge flea market a couple months ago and passed on it for $20 even though I really liked it... over a week ago we went back and the fish was still there! Which I guess should have said something about my tastes in art... But I asked the booth operator what was his best price on it this time... He said $15! I said heck yeah! Karla turned her head and walked away in shame I guess but it was all mine!!🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😊😊😊

Geo...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Wed Feb 12th, 2020 11:54 am
  PMQuoteReply
15th Post
Steven P Dempsey
AFCA Member


Joined: Tue May 15th, 2012
Location: Clarksville, Virginia USA
Status: 
Offline
Kitsch Fish

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 12th, 2020 08:08 pm
  PMQuoteReply
16th Post
Jim Kovar
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Feb 21st, 2011
Location:  Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Status: 
Offline
George Durbin wrote: I am sure everyone has these stories to tell...
Last year, I found a minty
Bersted Zero,...  :D

A rare and highly coveted
salmon pink one!  :thumbup

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Wed Feb 12th, 2020 08:17 pm
  PMQuoteReply
17th Post
Jim Kovar
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Feb 21st, 2011
Location:  Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Status: 
Offline
Will trade for the Edison, Rocky.  :shock:

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 12th, 2020 08:25 pm
  PMQuoteReply
18th Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Jim Kovar wrote: Will trade for the Edison, Rocky.  :shock:
That would be a heck of a trade!

Geo...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Wed Feb 12th, 2020 08:27 pm
  PMQuoteReply
19th Post
Jim Kovar
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Feb 21st, 2011
Location:  Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Status: 
Offline
So, it's on?   :clap:

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 13th, 2020 12:50 am
  PMQuoteReply
20th Post
Steve Stephens
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Nov 14th, 2005
Location: San Anselmo, California USA
Status: 
Offline
Whatcha going to do with an Edison George?  You'll have to carry a battery around with you to make it work.
Your fan is a pretty late model going by the serial numbers I have seen, below.




Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Thu Feb 13th, 2020 11:15 am
  PMQuoteReply
21st Post
Ted Kaczor
AFCA Member


Joined: Tue Feb 7th, 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Status: 
Offline
Steve Stephens wrote: Whatcha going to do with an Edison George?  You'll have to carry a battery around with you to make it work.
Your fan is a pretty late model going by the serial numbers I have seen, below.




Steve, my Edison fan is #5492

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 13th, 2020 11:20 am
  PMQuoteReply
22nd Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Steve Stephens wrote: Whatcha going to do with an Edison George?  You'll have to carry a battery around with you to make it work.
Your fan is a pretty late model going by the serial numbers I have seen, below.





Hi Steve!
I picked up a 6v DC power supply from Good Will for 99 cents...  seems to work nicely...

Geo...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Thu Feb 13th, 2020 11:45 am
  PMQuoteReply
23rd Post
Jim Kovar
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Feb 21st, 2011
Location:  Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Status: 
Offline
Steve Stephens wrote: Whatcha going to do with an Edison George?

Jim Kovar wrote:...Bersted Zero...
George Durbin wrote:Jim Kovar wrote:Will trade for the Edison, Rocky.  :shock:
That would be a heck of a trade!

Steve, Rocky has already
committed to a trade.  :D

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 13th, 2020 12:15 pm
  PMQuoteReply
24th Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Jim Kovar wrote: Steve Stephens wrote: Whatcha going to do with an Edison George?

Jim Kovar wrote:...Bersted Zero...
George Durbin wrote:Jim Kovar wrote:Will trade for the Edison, Rocky.  :shock:
That would be a heck of a trade!

Steve, Rocky has already
committed to a trade.  :D

I have a zero if you have an Edison to trade for my Zero... Heck I will throw in a coronado!

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Thu Feb 13th, 2020 12:30 pm
  PMQuoteReply
25th Post
Jim Kovar
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Feb 21st, 2011
Location:  Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Status: 
Offline
Rocky, do you really want
the AFCA Ethics Committee
to be involved in this?

You may not know this,
but you are already on
"double secret probation."


One more demerit,...
                          ...you're out!

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 13th, 2020 03:40 pm
  PMQuoteReply
26th Post
Steve Stephens
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Nov 14th, 2005
Location: San Anselmo, California USA
Status: 
Offline
Ted Kaczor wrote:
Steve, my Edison fan is #5492
That's a pretty early one with the stamped and numbered tag Ted although I don't know the exact date.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Thu Feb 13th, 2020 06:56 pm
  PMQuoteReply
27th Post
Ted Kaczor
AFCA Member


Joined: Tue Feb 7th, 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Status: 
Offline
Steve Stephens wrote: Ted Kaczor wrote:
Steve, my Edison fan is #5492
That's a pretty early one with the stamped and numbered tag Ted although I don't know the exact date.
just add it to your list, what would you suggest the Year could be?

Last edited on Thu Feb 13th, 2020 06:56 pm by Ted Kaczor

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 13th, 2020 07:39 pm
  PMQuoteReply
28th Post
Steve Stephens
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Nov 14th, 2005
Location: San Anselmo, California USA
Status: 
Offline
Ted Kaczor wrote:[highlight= rgb(248, 248, 248);]That's a pretty early one with the stamped and numbered tag Ted although I don't know the exact date.just add it to your list, what would you suggest the Year could be?

My "list" is only Edison fans that I have photos of and/or sale info.   I'm no longer adding to it because I don't watch ebay which is where a lot of my list came from.  If you read Bill Samek's Edison paper, below, you'll get an idea I think of the date.








Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Thu Feb 13th, 2020 08:29 pm
  PMQuoteReply
29th Post
Ted Kaczor
AFCA Member


Joined: Tue Feb 7th, 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Status: 
Offline
Steve Stephens wrote: Ted Kaczor wrote:That's a pretty early one with the stamped and numbered tag Ted although I don't know the exact date.just add it to your list, what would you suggest the Year could be?

My "list" is only Edison fans that I have photos of and/or sale info.   I'm no longer adding to it because I don't watch ebay which is where a lot of my list came from.  If you read Bill Samek's Edison paper, below, you'll get an idea I think of the date.so, would it be safe to say it was made between 1896and 1898? 12Pole/4 wing with cast 

so, would it be safe to say it was made between 1896and 1898? 12Pole/4 wing with and spider hub spider hub.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 13th, 2020 08:38 pm
  PMQuoteReply
30th Post
George Durbin
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2012
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Ted Kaczor wrote: Steve Stephens wrote: Ted Kaczor wrote:That's a pretty early one with the stamped and numbered tag Ted although I don't know the exact date.just add it to your list, what would you suggest the Year could be?

My "list" is only Edison fans that I have photos of and/or sale info.   I'm no longer adding to it because I don't watch ebay which is where a lot of my list came from.  If you read Bill Samek's Edison paper, below, you'll get an idea I think of the date.so, would it be safe to say it was made between 1896and 1898? 12Pole/4 wing with cast 

so, would it be safe to say it was made between 1896and 1898? 12Pole/4 wing with and spider hub spider hub.


Hi Ted!

Can you help us pilgrams out with a few pictures?

Geo...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Sat Feb 15th, 2020 02:37 pm
  PMQuoteReply
31st Post
Ted Kaczor
AFCA Member


Joined: Tue Feb 7th, 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Status: 
Offline
George Durbin wrote: Ted Kaczor wrote: Steve Stephens wrote: Ted Kaczor wrote:That's a pretty early one with the stamped and numbered tag Ted although I don't know the exact date.just add it to your list, what would you suggest the Year could be?

My "list" is only Edison fans that I have photos of and/or sale info.   I'm no longer adding to it because I don't watch ebay which is where a lot of my list came from.  If you read Bill Samek's Edison paper, below, you'll get an idea I think of the date.so, would it be safe to say it was made between 1896and 1898? 12Pole/4 wing with cast 

so, would it be safe to say it was made between 1896and 1898? 12Pole/4 wing with and spider hub spider hub.


Hi Ted!

Can you help us pilgrams out with a few pictures?

Geo...
You got it George, with its 2 options batteries.

Attached Image (viewed 107 times):

100_1723 (2).JPG

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sat Feb 15th, 2020 02:38 pm
  PMQuoteReply
32nd Post
Ted Kaczor
AFCA Member


Joined: Tue Feb 7th, 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Status: 
Offline
pic2
12 pole, cast 4 spider legs hub, original black windings as stated in article, and original Edison battery oil in sealed bottle.

Attached Image (viewed 109 times):

100_1722 (2).JPG

Last edited on Sat Feb 15th, 2020 02:39 pm by Ted Kaczor

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

Current time is 07:30 pm  
AFCA Forums > Antique Fan Collectors Association > Pre-1950 (Antique) > Good week junk pickin Top



Beige Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2520 seconds (22% database + 78% PHP). 49 queries executed.