AFCA Forums Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
AFCA Forums > Antique Fan Collectors Association > Buy-Sell-Trade > Toy motor tables cast in bronze, free shipping.

 Moderated by: Steve Cunningham, Stan Adams, Rod Rogers
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Toy motor tables cast in bronze, free shipping.  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 05:38 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Please note that I will be making mold in one batch.  It does take a lot of work to make the mold.  These are cast in batches as it is more cost effective for me.  Please order now as I can't guarantee another run.  I have not finalize Model C yet.  (Order for tables will close end of August 8/31/2021).

These were done in CAD printed in plastic.  I will be making mold and will be casting them in Bronze.  Please post here if interested.  



The first one is designed for Porter No. 2 and similar motors.  A wooden base can be mounted on top of the table to give it a better look.  Cost will be $180 with free shipping (Model A).  Table top dimensions is 95x120 mm.  Height is 50 mm.


The smaller table is designed for smaller toy motors such as Porter No.1 and various small toy motors such as Ajax, Little Hustler...  These will also be cast in Bronze.  A wooden base can be mounted on top of the table to give it a better look.  Cost will be $130 with free shipping (Model B).  Table top dimensions is 70x95 mm.  Height is 35mm.


The larger table is designed for?    These will also be cast in Bronze.  A wooden base can be mounted on top of the table to give it a better look.  Cost will be $250 with free shipping (Model C).  Table top dimensions is 105x175 mm.  Height is 75mm.


Please post all interest here and not through emails.



Now for those who are curious, CAD printed parts in plastic is about $300 for both...printed in metal is around $800 for the first table and  $350 for the smaller table...a tad too pricey for me.




























Last edited on Tue Jul 27th, 2021 03:51 am by Louis Luu

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 05:46 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
I will also have 3, 4 and 6 blade fan hubs for the toy motors.

Last edited on Fri Jul 16th, 2021 05:46 am by Louis Luu

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 02:25 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
David A Cherry
AFCA Member


Joined: Sun May 12th, 2019
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Status: 
Offline
Put me down for one type B for now... Thanks..

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 07:18 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
John Trier
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Feb 10th, 2006
Location: Adel, Iowa USA
Status: 
Offline
I need one.  For a Perret.   I’ll figure out which one and edit this post.  

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 09:10 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Would love to see a picture of your Perret.

John Trier wrote: I need one.  For a Perret.   I’ll figure out which one and edit this post.  

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 09:27 pm
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
I'll put you down for one type B.

David A Cherry wrote: Put me down for one type B for now... Thanks..

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 09:31 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline


Last edited on Tue Jul 27th, 2021 03:52 am by Louis Luu

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sat Jul 17th, 2021 04:34 am
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
John Trier
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Feb 10th, 2006
Location: Adel, Iowa USA
Status: 
Offline
The wooden base on this motor is 3 ⅞" x 6 ¾".  The correct base is just slightly larger than that.  My memory is that it looks like type A.    I don't have a blade either and these motors were advertised as utility motors or fan motors.   I have some 8" blades with cast hubs but they are not the right blade.  Also need a switch on top of the motor.  In my photos somewhere is a picture of an all original Perrett.   If I can find it.   



Louis Luu wrote: Would love to see a picture of your Perret.

John Trier wrote: I need one.  For a Perret.   I’ll figure out which one and edit this post.  

Attached Image (viewed 621 times):

67FEDA15-3F3E-4C3D-BCDA-373843B4EE81.jpeg

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Sat Jul 17th, 2021 04:43 am
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
Jeff Lumsden
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sun Jul 28th, 2019
Location: Suwanee, Georgia USA
Status: 
Offline
http://www.edisontinfoil.com/fans/perret.htm






Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sat Jul 17th, 2021 05:58 am
  PMQuoteReply
10th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
John, if you can give me the dimension in mm for the wooden base, I can make you one.  I probably need to make one more...I have some motors that a tad bigger.

John Trier wrote: The wooden base on this motor is 3 ⅞" x 6 ¾".  The correct base is just slightly larger than that.  My memory is that it looks like type A.    I don't have a blade either and these motors were advertised as utility motors or fan motors.   I have some 8" blades with cast hubs but they are not the right blade.  Also need a switch on top of the motor.  In my photos somewhere is a picture of an all original Perrett.   If I can find it.   



Louis Luu wrote: Would love to see a picture of your Perret.

John Trier wrote: I need one.  For a Perret.   I’ll figure out which one and edit this post.  


Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Sat Jul 17th, 2021 05:59 am
  PMQuoteReply
11th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Jeff, thanks for the photo.  I need to make one more anyway.  Got some motors that are slightly larger than the Porter No. 2.  I guess I'll call this one Model C.


Jeff Lumsden wrote:
http://www.edisontinfoil.com/fans/perret.htm







Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 23rd, 2021 02:26 am
  PMQuoteReply
12th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
The printed parts arrived...I will be making molds next week. Please post interest here. I have updated all pictures with dimensions and feet style. This will be a one shot deal as I have other projects I need to get to.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Sun Jul 25th, 2021 05:58 pm
  PMQuoteReply
13th Post
Chad Hunter
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Thu Oct 13th, 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL.
Status: 
Offline
2 of each size

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sun Jul 25th, 2021 06:02 pm
  PMQuoteReply
14th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Got it.  I'll will put you down for:

2 Model A
2 Model B
2 Model C

I'll get Model C printed so I can get it molded.

Just want to make sure, you sure you want Model C...it is not for your typical toy motor?

Chad Hunter wrote:2 of each size

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2021 05:38 am
  PMQuoteReply
15th Post
Steve Cunningham
Administrator


Joined: Mon Nov 14th, 2005
Location: Grapevine, TX, Texas USA
Status: 
Offline
Hey Luis. If you get to the Museum meet, my Perret is there. You are welcome to make a mold, or 3D scan my base. If reproducing it would help John Trier, I’m good.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2021 06:41 am
  PMQuoteReply
16th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Thanks Steve.  Unfortunately...it is too far for me to travel.  If I can have your permission to have George Durbin take pictures and measurements...that would be all that is needed.  Please let me know and I'll ask George.

Steve Cunningham wrote: Hey Luis. If you get to the Museum meet, my Perret is there. You are welcome to make a mold, or 3D scan my base. If reproducing it would help John Trier, I’m good.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2021 12:35 pm
  PMQuoteReply
17th Post
John Trier
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Feb 10th, 2006
Location: Adel, Iowa USA
Status: 
Offline
 Louis, I’ll take the big one ©.  I assume you’ve researched the 75mm in height to be correct for the Perret motor. Thank you Steve Cunningham.  

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2021 03:01 pm
  PMQuoteReply
18th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
John.  Let me double check since Steve Cunningham has one.  Let me ask him for permission to measure his Perret Table.

_____________________________________________________________

John, I just heard back from Steve Cunningham.  He has give George Permission to trace the table.  It will be an exact replica.  Now, if want grey iron...I can do that too for that authentic feel.

Steve Cunningham, THANK YOU!!!

John Trier wrote:  Louis, I’ll take the big one ©.  I assume you’ve researched the 75mm in height to be correct for the Perret motor. Thank you Steve Cunningham.  

Last edited on Mon Jul 26th, 2021 03:38 pm by Louis Luu

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2021 05:58 pm
  PMQuoteReply
19th Post
John Trier
AFCA Member


Joined: Fri Feb 10th, 2006
Location: Adel, Iowa USA
Status: 
Offline
Louis Luu wrote: John.  Let me double check since Steve Cunningham has one.  Let me ask him for permission to measure his Perret Table.

_____________________________________________________________

John, I just heard back from Steve Cunningham.  He has give George Permission to trace the table.  It will be an exact replica.  Now, if want grey iron...I can do that too for that authentic feel.

Steve Cunningham, THANK YOU!!!

John Trier wrote:  Louis, I’ll take the big one ©.  I assume you’ve researched the 75mm in height to be correct for the Perret motor. Thank you Steve Cunningham.  
Gee whiz Louis, that would be great!!!   Cast iron base would be excellent.  Are these sand cast or lost wax?  Thanks again.  

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2021 07:29 pm
  PMQuoteReply
20th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
I could do sand casting.  The only problem I find with sand casting is distortion and lack of details.  I prefer lost wax...a tad bit more work but worth it.  I will put you down for one version C table John in iron.



John Trier wrote: Louis Luu wrote: John.  Let me double check since Steve Cunningham has one.  Let me ask him for permission to measure his Perret Table.

_____________________________________________________________

John, I just heard back from Steve Cunningham.  He has give George Permission to trace the table.  It will be an exact replica.  Now, if want grey iron...I can do that too for that authentic feel.

Steve Cunningham, THANK YOU!!!

John Trier wrote:  Louis, I’ll take the big one ©.  I assume you’ve researched the 75mm in height to be correct for the Perret motor. Thank you Steve Cunningham.  
Gee whiz Louis, that would be great!!!   Cast iron base would be excellent.  Are these sand cast or lost wax?  Thanks again.  

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Tue Jul 27th, 2021 01:49 am
  PMQuoteReply
21st Post
Bill Samek
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sun Sep 3rd, 2006
Location: Miami, Florida USA
Status: 
Offline
I have a recast of the base of a Perrets fan in cast iron. See picture and let me know if you are interested in it.
samek@msn.com







Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Tue Jul 27th, 2021 03:27 am
  PMQuoteReply
22nd Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Large table (Model A) and Small table (Model B) have arrived.  Both tables will have the feet area filled with bondo and smoothed.  Also, the bottom curvatures for the small table will be smoothed out before making the mold.  I have taken into account shrinkage when casted.  Also, the tables do look a lot better with a wooden top.  The leg will give ample room to attach fan blade hubs...those will be available soon.   


Please note that I will be making mold in one batch.  It does take a lot of work to make the mold.  These are cast in batches as it is more cost effective for me.  Please order now as I can't guarantee another run.  I have not finalize Model C yet.  (Order for tables will close end of August 8/31/2021). 



Small table with Ajax





Small table Porter No.1





Porter No.1 without wood top





Porter No.2





Porter No.2 and Ajax size comparison





Porter No.2 and Porter No.1 size comparison




Last edited on Tue Jul 27th, 2021 03:56 am by Louis Luu

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Tue Jul 27th, 2021 03:43 am
  PMQuoteReply
23rd Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
The smaller shorter tables look great with the "Franklin" and "Edison" Dynamo salesman sample. 







Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 5th, 2021 10:29 pm
  PMQuoteReply
24th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Measurements from George came in along with pictures. I will draw them up this weekend.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Tue Sep 28th, 2021 01:36 am
  PMQuoteReply
25th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
Got all the measurements for the Perret Table. Will draw them up this weekend. Thanks George.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sun Oct 10th, 2021 03:31 pm
  PMQuoteReply
26th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
I will be finishing up the drawing for the Perret table sometime next week and begin making the molds.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

Current time is 05:59 pm  
AFCA Forums > Antique Fan Collectors Association > Buy-Sell-Trade > Toy motor tables cast in bronze, free shipping. Top



Beige Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1668 seconds (48% database + 52% PHP). 44 queries executed.