AFCA Forums Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
AFCA Forums > Antique Fan Collectors Association > Buy-Sell-Trade > ECK Diehl Toilet Bowl worm gear

 Moderated by: Steve Cunningham, Stan Adams, Rod Rogers
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
ECK Diehl Toilet Bowl worm gear  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Apr 16th, 2021 10:37 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Rick Powell
AFCA Member


Joined: Sun Feb 15th, 2015
Location: Kalamazoo , Michigan USA
Status: 
Offline
Still looking for the gear, located one at Antique Fan Parts but it too broke while being removed.  If anyone has a Diehl toilet bowl I would consider buying it. Additionally whom might make or repair them?
Thanks,
Rick 

I am in need of a replacement worm gear for a ECK toilet bowl, the motor is a GE that Diehl used on their rebadged ECK. The photo cortesy of Chris Campbell shows the gear highlighted.  It’s my understanding the gear was used in Diehl, ECK, Dayton and perhaps others.  If anyone has a spare gear or parts fan with one I am in need of one.
Thanks,
Rick

Last edited on Sun Apr 25th, 2021 12:06 pm by Rick Powell

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Sun Apr 25th, 2021 08:44 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Rick Powell
AFCA Member


Joined: Sun Feb 15th, 2015
Location: Kalamazoo , Michigan USA
Status: 
Offline
Bump

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 01:22 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
David A Cherry
AFCA Member


Joined: Sun May 12th, 2019
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Status: 
Offline
Check to see if it is a standard thread ...if so you may be able to make it from a bolt.. I had a Menominee that had a 1/2 -20 worm gear.. Just cut off to length..drill the hole..and put a set screw in the side and you’re good to go.. If it turns out to be some bastard size thread then you’re out of luck, but you can always have a machine shop make one if you know all the dimensions... Good luck

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 02:16 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Louis Luu
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Sat Oct 2nd, 2010
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
David A Cherry wrote: Check to see if it is a standard thread ...if so you may be able to make it from a bolt.. I had a Menominee that had a 1/2 -20 worm gear.. Just cut off to length..drill the hole..and put a set screw in the side and you’re good to go.. If it turns out to be some bastard size thread then you’re out of luck, but you can always have a machine shop make one if you know all the dimensions... Good luck
Great idea...never thought of that.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 04:03 am
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Steve Stephens
AFCA Member


Joined: Mon Nov 14th, 2005
Location: San Anselmo, California USA
Status: 
Offline
Louis Luu wrote: David A Cherry wrote: Check to see if it is a standard thread ...if so you may be able to make it from a bolt.. I had a Menominee that had a 1/2 -20 worm gear.. Just cut off to length..drill the hole..and put a set screw in the side and you’re good to go.. If it turns out to be some bastard size thread then you’re out of luck, but you can always have a machine shop make one if you know all the dimensions... Good luck
Great idea...never thought of that.
I don't think that gear teeth profiles match bolt threads, in fact I know that they don't.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 08:47 am
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Rick Powell
AFCA Member


Joined: Sun Feb 15th, 2015
Location: Kalamazoo , Michigan USA
Status: 
Offline
I believe it’s 12 degree pitch and I am clueless what pitch standard SAE threads are, innovative idea though.Thanks
Rick

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 02:21 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Michael Rathberger
AFCA Member


Joined: Tue Nov 15th, 2005
Location:  
Status: 
Offline
I have no clue about the screw but I looked at it recently. This is what was in one of the books:

Attached Image (viewed 176 times):

20210416_104823.jpg

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

 Posted: Wed May 12th, 2021 11:43 am
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
Rick Powell
AFCA Member


Joined: Sun Feb 15th, 2015
Location: Kalamazoo , Michigan USA
Status: 
Offline
I was fortunate enough to have a replacement gear made by Korey Kriteman.  Korey did an excellent job manufacturing it to an exact fit. I have 3 toilet bowls two of which had the broken worm gear, with this high of a failure rate I trust others could use the gear also, Korey is a perfectionist and a pleasure to work with, and no I’m not getting a discount for plugging his work.



Rick Powell wrote: Still looking for the gear, located one at Antique Fan Parts but it too broke while being removed.  If anyone has a Diehl toilet bowl I would consider buying it. Additionally whom might make or repair them?
Thanks,
Rick 

I am in need of a replacement worm gear for a ECK toilet bowl, the motor is a GE that Diehl used on their rebadged ECK. The photo cortesy of Chris Campbell shows the gear highlighted.  It’s my understanding the gear was used in Diehl, ECK, Dayton and perhaps others.  If anyone has a spare gear or parts fan with one I am in need of one.
Thanks,
Rick


Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Wed May 12th, 2021 05:12 pm
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
Carlton Ward
AFCA Member
 

Joined: Wed Jan 4th, 2006
Location: Atlantis, Florida USA
Status: 
Offline
That is good to know. Always need a gear maker.

Back To Top PMQuoteReply  

Current time is 10:30 am  
AFCA Forums > Antique Fan Collectors Association > Buy-Sell-Trade > ECK Diehl Toilet Bowl worm gear Top



Beige Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1833 seconds (25% database + 75% PHP). 30 queries executed.