View single post by Mike Strozier
 Posted: Thu Apr 1st, 2021 08:59 pm
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Mike Strozier


Joined: Mon Sep 9th, 2019
Good afternoon all.  Been a while since I've posted here (bought a house, moved across state etc).  I am currently working on a fan I picked up for my wife and this unit doesn't have the typical wick caps.  Instead it's a round shaped assuming cotton based material around the shaft.  The only way I would be able to replace this would be to drill out the rivets, replace the material and rivet it back.  Which there lies my problem.  What is this material and where can I get a replacement?  Or can I?
If I can't buy replacement parts on this, then would a cotton wick sheet that candle makers buy to make their candle wicks, would that cotton sheet work if layered and cut in the similar shape as this?  To make one custom.  Or a possible sponge related material?  Looking at way to get this treated as it's currently almost rock hard so it'll not really hold any oil.

I've attached a picture for reference.    Thanks